Decorating for the Holidays: Planning Parties
I love this time of year for what it means and the sharing of goodwill and love. I also love to see all the fabulous decorations out in the marketplace and in homes.
I hope, if you're entertaining, you'll have as much fun decorating your home as you do hosting your parties.
Hollow out various sizes of pumpkins and place candles inside. Add additional autumn colored foliage to soften and fill up space. This is a very easy decoration
Here's a quick party planning guide
- Select a date and time. Talk to people first about their holiday plans before you finalize your own.
- If you're allowing guests to bring dishes, delegate your wishes early so they have plenty of time to prepare.
- Make a list right away of the ingredients you will need yourself. Add to it as you think of things.
- Place your order for foot about 3 weeks ahead of the date. Get it in writing if you can.
- Spread out the expense by purchasing non perishable items early on. This is a good idea for gift giving as well.
- Three days before the event, purchase all grocery items and last-minute decorations and supplies.
- Two days before event, pick up your food or flower orders or arrange for their delivery.
- Start fixing food the day before and freeze or refrigerate it.
- Prepare your cut flower arrangements the morning of the event. Get out the dishware. Count and stack it.
- Start cooking at mid day for an evening event. Get your family to help with last minute details.
- Relax. If you still have things to do when guests start arriving, put them to work. It helps relax everyone and generates easy conversation.
More Holiday Decorating Tips
More Party Planning Tips
Decorating Ideas for Christmas
Quick Christmas Decorations
Easy Christmas Decorations
Previous Holiday Decorating Tips
Handy Links to Our Decorating Products
DECORATE EXQUISITE PARTIES
a sophisticated party full of interesting people you've never met before. Imagine being asked what you do for a living. See the look of admiration on their faces as you hand out
your professionally design business card. Imagine the flood of compliments as your hostess tells them you did all the decorating.
Decorating for Parties
DESIGN FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS
You've just finished
redesigning a client's living room. Picture yourself bringing in a beautiful floral arrangement you created just for them. Ahhh, the oos and ahs. You leave and
go home to your office where the fragrance of beautiful flowers is everywhere in the arrangements you've made for yourself.
Floral Design Training
HOW TO HANG ARTWORK
You've had 5 works of art leaning up against
the wall for several months. You've been stepping around them and over them for some time. They're there because you're just not sure where to hang them or
how to hang them. The walls were freshly painted and you don't want to put any unnecessary holes in the walls.
Secret Art of Hanging Art
CREATING BEAUTIFUL WALLGROUPINGS
Most of your art and framed pictures
are small. You know you shouldn't just scatter them about the room as that would make it very cluttered. You're concerned about how to place the art in and
around furniture. So you've been living with nothing on the walls at all and your home looks pretty sterile and unappealing.
101 Ways to Dress a Naked Wall
NEED PERSONALIZED DECORATING HELP?
Life is very hectic
for you. There's a lot of stress all around you. Your home is messy and unorganized and it's driving you nuts. You don't have time to fix the problem and you don't
even know what's wrong, but it urks you never-the-less. You'd love to have someone come in and wave a magic wand and turn your home into a showplace. You live in Southern California not too far
from Huntington Beach.
Local Interior Redesign Advice
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE DECORATING NEWSLETTER
You'd love to receive periodic free decorating tips, discounts, notice of special sales, new product announcements sent to your email
automatically ($147.00 value). You want a double opt-in newsletter that you can read at your leisure. You don't like spam, so you're concerned that your
email address will be kept confidential.
To Subscribe, Send Blank Email Here
Confirmation Response is Required when notified by "ListManager" to do so.
Be sure and whitelist our server at "decorating.listserve.us" so our newsletter doesn't get put in your spam mail logs. We hate spam too.
FURNITURE ARRANGEMENTS MADE EASY
Imagine being able to
completely redecorate any room in your home in a day. Imagine your husband saying "Wow! This looks great! Where did you learn how to do this?" Imagine your
children being proud to show off your home to their friends.
Arranging Furniture Training
Imagine walking into
a high rise building, taking the elevator to the top suite, meeting the facilities directory and being hired to create an art program for the business.
Imagine seeing the art you chose, framed and hanging in their suite of offices. Imagine the thrill of the employees seeing their workplace become beautiful
and a more pleasant work environment. Imagine it! The next time someone asks you what you do for a living, imagine telling them you're a Corporate Art
CORPORATE ART CONSULTANT
Corporate Art Consultant Training
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
CHRISTMAS - THANKSGIVING - HANNUKAH - NEW YEAR'S - HOLIDAY - DECORATING - PARTY PLANNER - PARIES - ENTERTAINING TIPS - HOLIDAY