Home Interior Tips
I've said before that just because a room was meant to be a bedroom by the builder, that doesn't mean you have to use it as a bedroom.
Turn it into a home office. My son has one of our bedrooms turned into a disc-jockey practice/storage room. My office is in my formal dining room. Make your home
functional and useful for your own personal family lifestyle. To help you do that, here are some simple ideas:
Newsletter Quick Picks
- Create a new focal point in a dull room by bringing your china cabinet into the living room, for instance. Accessories the shelves
with decorative plants, pictures, books, vases, candles, etc. You'll need to remove the doors first so these things can be seen and appreciated.
- Work your artwork in and around the furniture for a surprising twist. I have tons of ideas on this very thing in my softcover
book called Wall Groupings. You'll find a host of illustrations that show you ideas on hanging artwork low on the wall, tucked in
between a lamp and sofa or chair.
- For the most spacious feeling in a room, the ceiling should be white. But you might want a cozy look. Consider painting the
ceiling an accent color or mounting faux beams. Create surprise by hanging potted plants (artificial ones) from high beams in a vaulted ceiling room.
- An inverted "V" arrangement facing the focal point will give you a change of pace from the more standard arrangement configurations.
- Look for other stable pieces of furniture to place in front of your sofa other than the standard coffee table. Try ottomans, a large chest,
a chess set on a display, stacked futons.
- Look throughout your home for unique pieces of furniture that aren't getting the attention they deserve. Bring them into the living room
or family room where they will be functional and more appreciated.
- Need a quick inexpensive curtain rod? Try a garden stake and slip rings over it to draw the curtain.
- If you really want to be creative and unique, try using odd things for rods: old golf clubs, PVC pipe that has been decorated,
a broom stick, tennis rackets that have been jazzed up. You get the idea.
- Plate racks can become instant cornices at your windows. As the seasons change, so do the plates.
old suitcases on top of each other to create an instant lamp table or a small coffee table. Drape a scarf over them or set books on top of them. I have a decorative
storage box sitting on top of an old suitcase in one of my rooms.
- For a custom look on your ready made drapes, sew on bullion fringe to the bottom or use a hot glue gun to attach it. It will
really take them to the next level quite easily and quickly.
- Look for unusual items to collected together and mount in a shadow box. It can become a very good conversation piece. Don't
try to arrange too many things together in one place as that can become tedious to look at. Just 3-5 items for that really custom and surprising decor.
How to Start Decorating Your Home
Decorating for the Home Office
Home Decorating Tips
Home Accessorizing Tips
Complete List of Free Tips
No. One Redesign Training Website
SIMPLE INTERIOR REDESIGN TIPS - QUICK INTERIOR REDESIGN TIPS - SIMPLE DECORATING TIPS - QUICK DECORATING TIPS - EASY DECORATING TIPS - EASY INTERIOR
REDESIGN TIPS - DECOR SECRETS REVEALED
Handy Links to Our Decorating Products
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE BI-MONTHLY DECORATING NEWSLETTER
Get free tips, discounts, notice of special sales, new product announcements sent to your email automatically ($147.00 value). This is a double opt-in newsletter. You must confirm your request when asked to do so by email. We respect your privacy and will never share your information with anyone. Be sure and whitelist our server at "decorating.listserve.us" so our newsletter doesn't get put in your spam mail logs.
To Subscribe, Send Blank Email Here
Confirmation Response is Required when notified by "ListManager" to do so.
LEARN THE SECRETS OF ARRANGING FURNITURE AND ACCESSORIES
Completely redecorate any room in your home in half a day. Learn the secrets of interior designers using the furniture you
already own. Arrangement techniques are easy to learn and apply. Impress your spouse, children, family and friends.
Arranging Furniture Training
EVER WONDER HOW BUSINESSES GET THEIR ART?
Start a new career as a prestigious corporate art consultant. Create beautiful offices for businesses with custom framed
art and installation services. No art degree needed. No experience needed. Train at home at your own pace. Barbara Jennings, a 20 year consultant,
teaches you how to start your own home-based business.
Corporate Art Consultant Training
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED