Achieving A Cook-Friendly Kitchen
Remodeling a kitchen is a daunting task and scary at best. But here are a few tips to consider in the planning stage, whether you're reworking a present kitchen
or planning to build one from scratch.
- Plan the square footage carefully. You don't want to waste a single square inch. You should have a purpose in mind for every cabinet, drawer and countertop.
Look at your appliances, utensils and accessories. Plan a specifc place for everything you need, especially if you need it on a daily basis.
- Make your work triangle tight. You want to minimize the number of steps from the sink to the refrigerator to the cooking surface. Areas that will be used for
less critical work, that aren't part of the
work triangle, should be kept outside it.
- If you have a large family, choose materials that are durable, that will hold up to the wear and tear. Concrete countertops are about as indestructible as you'll
find but do have their drawbacks.
- Try to find ways to open up your kitchen to other parts of the home so you're not isolated. Stay in the center of the action but still make sure you have
plenty of seating and entertaining space.
- Make a list of everything you want included. Start by making a list of the tasks or problems your present kitchen gives you and work to resolve those while
keeping the things you like about your present kitchen. i.e. If you need more storage, look for ways to increase storage.
April's Quick Tips Links
Barbara Jennings is one of the foremost authorities on interior redesign, home staging and art consulting. She trains entrepreneurs from all over the
world through her online tutorials and books. Author of 9 books for the decorating and design field, she is widely respected for her expertise and affordable
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE DECORATING NEWSLETTER
You'd love to receive periodic free decorating tips, discounts, notice of special sales, new product announcements sent to your email
automatically ($147.00 value). You want a double opt-in newsletter that you can read at your leisure. You don't like spam, so you're concerned that your
email address will be kept confidential.
To Subscribe, Send Blank Email Here
Confirmation Response is Required when notified by "ListManager" to do so.
Be sure and whitelist our server at "decorating.listserve.us" so our newsletter doesn't get put in your spam mail logs. We hate spam too.
FURNITURE ARRANGEMENTS MADE SIMPLE
Specific concepts of arranging furniture are applied by interior decorators to get those amazing rooms you see in decorating magazines.
But you can do the same thing yourself once you know the secrets. It makes all the difference in the world. Without great arrangement design, your room will
never look right, never feel right, and leave you feeling disappointed. Our training is easy to understand and apply. Get the secrets the professionals use
and turn your home around in a matter of hours, without having to buy anything new.
Furniture Arrangements Made Easy
INTERIOR REDESIGN TRAINING - HOME STAGING TRAINING - INTERIOR REDESIGN COURSES - HOME STAGING COURSES - NO INTERIOR REDESIGN SEMINARS NEEDED -
REDESIGN BUSINESS TRAINING - DECORATING BUSINESS - INTERIOR DECORATING - NO HOME STAGING CLASSES NEEDED - DON'T TAKE A HOME STAGING CLASS - STUDY AT HOME AT YOUR
PACE - DON'T TAKE AN INTERIOR REDESIGN CLASS - TAKE REDESIGN TRAINING AT HOME
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED