Purchasing a Turkey for Leftovers or Just Enough
When you hate to cook, like me, it's especially nice to have leftovers when the big feast is done that can last a few days. That's why I always buy a larger turkey
than I need. When calculating what you need, bear in mind that the weights listed here are for uncooked birds.
- Start with a list of the people you will be serving. Since children eat smaller servings, allow for that. On the other hand, a large number of adult males can
eat quite a lot and could even return to the table for more. Are you serving any vegans or vegetarians? Allow for that as well.
- You should have some leftovers if you allow 1 lb of turkey per person. For a larger quantity of leftovers, allow for 2 lbs. per person.
- Allow 3/4 lbs per person if you purchased a turkey breast alone. For boneless turkey breast, allow 1/2 pound per guest.
- For a pre-stuffed, frozen turkey, you'll need to allow about 1-1/4 pounds per guest.
- Turkeys can come as large as 40 lbs. The larger a bird is, the higher the proportion is of meat vs. bone.
- If you have a huge amount of meat left over, divide it into smaller portions and freeze for use at a later date.
Quick Links for this Issue|
October's Free Decorating Newsletter|
Miss our earlier issue? Here's the link: October's Decorating Tips
Learn How to Stage Luxurious Homes
Is your business stagnant? Are you having trouble reaching people who
have the income to afford your services? If you're not focused on upscale clients, you're missing out on tremendous profits. Learn how to build a clientele among the
wealthier homeowners and real estate agents.
Staging Luxurious Homes
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Where There's a Wall - There's a Way, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2007-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |