How to Design Your Kitchen
You probably have your own vision of what you consider to be the perfect kitchen for your lifestyle. Make sure yours meeting your needs and solves any problems
that have nagged you in other kitchens where you have experience working.
- Ask for credentials of any kitchen design professional you are considering hiring. Require them to provide their work experience, copy of their contractor's
license, copy of their workers compensation insurance. Make sure you see a portfolio of work they have done.
- Ask to see their referral list. Contact a selection of people on the list to see if they were pleased with the company.
- Make a detailed list of what you need in a kitchen.
- Who spends the most time in the kitchen?
- How do you like to entertain?
- Decide how many work stations you want or need.
- Do you need a work island? Do you have room for one?
- What is the architecture of the home?
- Avoid trends that come and go and become dated quickly.
- Pick materials that are durable and that you will love for years to come.
- Pick colors that will also be appealing if you sell the home.
- Choose appliances for functionality, not just for good looks.
- Check out new methods for doing old tasks. Many can be hidden.
- Think about lighting issues and make sure the lighting is adequate for where you actually work.
- Buy the best quality you can afford.
- Do your research on designers, contractors, materials, products, colors, finishes, accessories.
- Visit showrooms. Get samples whenever possible.
April's Quick Tips Links
Barbara Jennings is one of the foremost authorities on interior redesign, home staging and art consulting. She trains entrepreneurs from all over the
world through her online tutorials and books. Author of 9 books for the decorating and design field, she is widely respected for her expertise and affordable
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE DECORATING NEWSLETTER
You'd love to receive periodic free decorating tips, discounts, notice of special sales, new product announcements sent to your email
automatically ($147.00 value). You want a double opt-in newsletter that you can read at your leisure. You don't like spam, so you're concerned that your
email address will be kept confidential.
To Subscribe, Send Blank Email Here
Confirmation Response is Required when notified by "ListManager" to do so.
Be sure and whitelist our server at "decorating.listserve.us" so our newsletter doesn't get put in your spam mail logs. We hate spam too.
INTERIOR REDESIGN TRAINING - HOME STAGING TRAINING - INTERIOR REDESIGN COURSES - HOME STAGING COURSES - NO INTERIOR REDESIGN SEMINARS NEEDED -
REDESIGN BUSINESS TRAINING - DECORATING BUSINESS - INTERIOR DECORATING - NO HOME STAGING CLASSES NEEDED - DON'T TAKE A HOME STAGING CLASS - STUDY AT HOME AT YOUR
PACE - DON'T TAKE AN INTERIOR REDESIGN CLASS - TAKE REDESIGN TRAINING AT HOME
FURNITURE ARRANGEMENTS MADE SIMPLE
Specific concepts of arranging furniture are applied by interior decorators to get those amazing rooms you see in decorating magazines.
But you can do the same thing yourself once you know the secrets. It makes all the difference in the world. Without great arrangement design, your room will
never look right, never feel right, and leave you feeling disappointed. Our training is easy to understand and apply. Get the secrets the professionals use
and turn your home around in a matter of hours, without having to buy anything new.
Furniture Arrangements Made Easy
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED