Rugs, Area Rugs, Scatter Rugs:
Make Them Floor You
There are many things to consider before choosing a rug: color, texture, design, size, shape, fiber, price.
Here are some helpful tips to aid you in your search:
- Play with your pattern, mixing traditional with modern.
- Update an uninspired room with a bold pattern or colors.
- Experiment with large patterns or interesting shapes.
- If you have something vivid on the floor, tone back what you do with the walls, windows and other patterns in the room.
- Keep things in the same color family at all times.
- Choose wool rugs for durability, unless you're allergic to wool. Wool wears well and cleans well.
- Always use an underlay to keep the run in place and in good condition.
- Buy from a reputable dealer so if it doesn't work out when you get it home, you can return it.
- Contemporary rugs seems to be more popular than ever in the last five years.
- Think about an Oriental rug for the dining room.
- A few designers to check out: Momeni, Dash & Albert Rug Co, Linda Belden, Angela Adams, Bev Hisey, Emma Gardner Design.
Quick Links to May Issue
Announcing Our Three Blogs
Our Blogs are where I post (almost daily) news, information, tips, questions and answers, and much, much more. Bookmark the blog addresses and check
back regularly for the latest info.
Barbara Jennings is the West Coast Pioneer in Interior
Redesign and has been in the redesign/home staging market since 1986. She is
author of 9 books on interior decorating subjects and her most recent one,
Home Staging for Profit, is a tutorial for those wanting to start their own
home staging business. For more on that book, please visit:
HOME STAGING TRAINING - staging homes TRAINING - INTERIOR REDESIGN TRAINING - ONE DAY DECORATING TRAINING
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE DECORATING NEWSLETTER
You'd love to receive periodic free decorating tips, discounts, notice of special sales, new product announcements sent to your email
automatically ($147.00 value). You want a double opt-in newsletter that you can read at your leisure. You don't like spam, so you're concerned that your
email address will be kept confidential.
To Subscribe, Send Blank Email Here
Confirmation Response is Required when notified by "ListManager" to do so.
Be sure and whitelist our server at "decorating.listserve.us" so our newsletter doesn't get put in your spam mail logs. We hate spam too.
Interior Design Blog
Interior ReDesign Business Blog
Home Staging Business Blog
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED