Tips for Cold Weather -
How to Winterize Home
You can easily
transform your home into a warm winter haven with a few simple tips and products. Keep from getting chilly.
- Paint the walls a warm, rich color such as pale gold.
- Add copper and brass accents, like on drawer and cabinet pulls and handles.
- Bring in some accent pieces that repeat the copper and gold tones.
- Remove the bright white lights and use softer lights.
- Add more textured fabrics, throws, even blankets.
- Use more dandles, lamps and mirrors to reflect light and add a glowing color everywhere.
- Use velvet slipcovers or chenille on your sofa to make it more inviting to curl up and enjoy a good book.
- Turn your bed into a warm, cozy cocoon.
- Use flannel sheets instead of cotton or silk.
- If not allergic to them, use wool or cashmere blankets or down feather comforter.
- Use a towel warmer in the cold mornings when you shower.
- Choose between wall mounted or free-standing models for that "just-out-of-the-drier" feeling.
- Area rugs will cover cold floors and add energy to the room.
- If you're remodeling, install floor warming system between your sub-floor and flooring material. This generates radiant heat like an electric blanket.
- Put a RugBuddy under your area rug. Plug the RugBuddy into wall outlet to heat up your area rug.
Looking to Recession-Proof
Quick Links for this Issue|
In a recessionary economy, with so many homes going into foreclosure, many residents
are reluctant to spend money for staging services. That's why it's more important than ever to reach the more affluent homeowners in your area. Learn how to tap into
this lucrative market and dominate it.
Staging Luxurious Homes
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Where There's a Wall - There's a Way, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2007-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |